Some tips for those who are about to head off to college, courtesy of Lifehacker and the fine minds behind their articles.
The 9 tips, if you like vague summaries:
- Commit to your college of choice
- Let the other colleges know you aren’t coming
- Sign up and attend orientation
- Send thank-you notes to professors and counselors
- Find your roommate and get to know them
- Register for classes
- Buy textbooks (or rent)
- Spend time with friends and family
- Learn some life skills
Each of these points has a good break down on the how and why you should do these. We highly recommend checking out the full article!