The Positivity Blog is a pretty dang cool place, especially considering the high level of negativity we experience in our day to day lives.
Here are the nine quotes they deemed the best from the great writer, Hemingway.
- “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.”
- “The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.”
- “Never mistake motion for action.” (Harketh’s Personal Favorite)
- “The shortest answer is doing the thing.”
- “The first draft of anything is shit”
- “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.”
- “The man who has begun to live more seriously within begins to live more simply without.”
- “Cowardice … is almost always simply a lack of ability to suspend the functioning of the imagination.”
- “The writer’s job is not to judge, but to seek to understand.”
Go check out the full article, they break down the quotes into some great insight.